Scope of Works:
The M2 building at the University of South Australia’s Mawson Lakes campus was to be designed to facilitate engagement between student, researchers and industry stakeholders through creating a series of flexible and open spaces which stimulated innovation.
- Co-ordinated the drafting and construction of the intensive building services packages
- Installed all mechanical services systems including 100% outdoor air units with heat exchangers, providing conditioned air to the occupied spaces through a mix of active chilled beams, fabric ducting, underfloor and more traditional air distribution systems.
- Energy efficiency was maximised through the use of evaporative pre-cooling pads for the air-cooled chillers, high efficiency condensing boilers, and the provision of variable speed drives throughout to allow fan and pump losses to be minimised. Additional laboratory systems provided included specialist gases, fume cupboards, corrosive and flammable store ventilation ducting, bench-top fume extraction systems and oxygen depletion monitoring.
- Commissioned and certified a Cell Therapy clean room suite with complex pressurisation regimes
- Targeted a 5-star “As-Built” rating under the Green Star – Education v1 rating tool.