Princess impressed the panel with her academic record, and her thoughtful and considered responses to the questions. Additionally, the panel deemed that the financial assistance offered by the grant would be of considerable benefit to Princess, the advancement of her studies and pursuit to be the best she can be.
The O'Connors Engineering Grant is awarded to a student enrolled full-time in the third year of one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical) - LHMR
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical and Mechatronic) - LHMR
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical and Advanced Manufacturing) - LHMR
Applicants must be Australian citizens or Permanent Residents and provide a personal written statement (500 words) detailing:
- academic achievements
- future career goals
- their intended topic for their final year project. Preference may be given to students that demonstrate a focus on innovation for their final year project
- their financial disadvantage
Value: The recipient receives up to $5,000 paid in two instalments of $2,500. The first payment will take place after the Study Period 2 census date in the recipient's final year, with final payment taking place after the Study Period 5 census date in their final year (provided the recipient maintains full-time enrolment and satisfactory academic merit).